When it comes to looking younger, a facelift is far from your only option. Here is a closer look at four procedures that can help extend and complement your facelift results, or can even help turn back the hands of time when used all on their own.
1. BOTOX® and Dermal Fillers
Fine lines and wrinkles are often among the earliest signs of aging, but injectables can dramatically diminish their appearance.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic paralyzes the facial muscles that create wrinkles around the eye area and on the forehead. As these muscles cease to contract, the lines and wrinkles they created simply smooth away.
- Dermal Fillers such as JUVÉDERM® and Restylane® work by restoring lost volume that’s responsible for causing deeper lines and folds around the nose and mouth area. A few well-placed injections can help erase laugh lines and other wrinkles that show your age.
2. Complexion Care
Over time, your skin can develop a dull, rough and uneven appearance that only makes existing wrinkles look more pronounced. A chemical peel removes dead, dull surface cells to reveal the healthier, smoother skin below. For your daily, at-home routine, medical-grade skincare products pack a more powerful anti-aging punch than anything sold over the counter.
3. Eyelid Surgery
Sagging or loose skin on the eyelids can give your entire face a tired appearance. By conservatively removing excess eyelid skin during eyelid surgery, I’m able to give my patients a refreshed, more alert appearance that’s still subtle and natural-looking.
4. Brow Lift
The brows, particularly the lateral or outside edges, commonly drop with age, and this can cause you to look sad, upset or angry even when you aren’t. By lifting the brow, the entire upper face can look more rejuvenated. A brow lift can also be combined with injectables, eyelid surgery or even a full facelift for more comprehensive results.
- Differences in Facial Aging for Men and Women
- 3 Steps for Summer Skin Protection
- Are Plastic Surgery Patients Becoming More Educated?